Qualification : MA English, UGC NET, MBA
Hometown : Perumbavoor
Shiny K is working as Assistant Professor in the Department of English at Rajagiri Viswajyothi College of Arts and Applied Sciences. Her post-graduation was in English Language and Literature from Mar Athanasius College, Kothamangalam. She has also done MBA in Human Resources and Marketing. She possesses a total of 14 years’ experience in imparting training in International English Language Testing System (IELTS), Communication skills, Interview skills, Interpersonal skills, Group Discussion, Business and Social Etiquette to students as well as professionals from different walks of life. She is a Certified Trainer in Soft Skills from Stanley David and Associates, Bangalore.
Areas of Interest :
Afro-American Women’s Writing
Managerial Communication Teaching
Business Communication Training
Soft skills Training
Recruitment Training- Aptitude, Interview & GD
Designing Training Modules & Process Related Materials
Doing Translation Works in English and Malayalam
Currently Delegated Works:
- Soft Skills Training
- Quiz Club Coordinator
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Placement and Training at Sree Narayana Gurukulam College of Engineering, Kadayiruppu.
- Senior Softs Skills Faculty at Lakshya Career Orientation Services Pvt. Ltd.
- Freelance English Language Trainer at Aircel Telecommunication, Cochin.
- Freelance English- Malayalam Translator for Satvat Infosol Pvt. Ltd., Chennai.
- Assistant Centre Coordinator cum Trainer at Team Academy, Aviation Training Institute.
- Customer Services Manager at Regent Educational Services Pvt. Ltd., Cochin office of UK College of Business and Computing, London.
- IELTS Trainer at Manjooran’s Group of Institutes at their Angamaly, Kolkata & Chennai branches.
- Lecturer at Queen Mother’s College, Alwaye.
10/10 score on the feedback from all the participants of “Effective Business Communication” training program conducted at Aircel Telecommunications, Cochin.
- Presented a paper titled Constructive Transition of the “Tragic Mulatto” at the UGC sponsored National Conference on “Facets of Literary Theory” at The Madhura College (Autonomous), Madhurai.
- Presented a paper titled The Becoming of a Woman in Alice Walker’s “The Color Purple”: An Analysis through Janet Helm’s Womanist Identity Development Theory in the UGC sponsored National Seminar on “Negotiating Marginalities: Gender, Class & Race in Women’s Writing” held at Mar Thoma College, Tiruvalla.
- Presented a paper titled An Eriksonian Approach to the Psychological Murder of Pecola in Toni Morrison’s “The Bluest Eye” in the UGC sponsored National Seminar on “The Post-modern Pedagogy of Multiple Literacies: A Transdisciplinary Critique on Cultural Studies and Media Effects” at Newman College, Thodupuzha.
Faculty Development Programmes Attended:
- ISTE sponsored short term training programme in “Communication Skills: Pedagogical Innovations” organized by MA College of Engineering, Kothamagalam.
- FDP on “Instructional Design and Delivery System” organized by Toc H Institute of Science and Technology, Arakunnam.
- Two days Research Workshop on “Applied Research Methodology” at Illahia School of Management Studies, Muvatupuzha.
- National Workshop on “Research Ethics, Academic Writing and Data Analysis” conducted by Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit, Kalady.