Qualification: MA English, UGC NET
Febi Abraham is an Assistant Professor, and also the Head of Department, English at RVCAS , Vengoor, Kerala. She did her graduation, B.A English Literature ( Honours) in Don Bosco College, Maram, Manipur securing First Rank in Manipur University in 2011. She did her post-graduation, M.A English Language and Literature at St.Thomas College, Palai, Kerala and cleared UGC NET during the second year of post-graduation. She has 5 years of working experience which includes Guest Lectureship in CUSAT and also as a Skill Development Executive in the project ASAP by the Government of Kerala. She has written an epistolary memoir, ‘Golden Words with Love- Letters to a Hosteler Daughter’. She has 6 International publications and two National publication.
AREAS OF INTEREST:
Linguistics and Phonetics
Poetry and Drama
Soft Skills and Personality Development
- One year as a Guest Lecturer in St. Teresa’s Centre for Management and Business Studies in the year 2017-18
- One year as a Guest Lecturer in CUSAT during the year 2017-18
- One year as a Skill Development Executive in Project ASAP by Kerala Government in SDC Edappally, at SNHSS, Ayyappankavu in the year 2017-18.
- One year as Assistant Professor, Department of English, New Prince Shri Bhavani Arts & Science College, Chennai from 6th June 2016 till 27th May 2017.
- One year as Assistant Professor and Class Tutor in the Department of English at Santhigiri College , Thodupuzha , Kerala from 7th OCT 2014 till 18th Dec 2015.
- One year as a Skill Development Executive for the project ASAP under the Government of Kerala in SDC Thodupuzha at GHSS, Thodupuzha in the year 2014-15.
- One month as an English teacher in my school soon after my graduation as per the request of the Principal.
- Abraham, Febi. GOLDEN WORDS WITH LOVE. Chennai: BUUKS, 2019.
ISSN-13: 9789389113662, ISBN-10: 9389113660.
- TWINCEST NOTION, CASTE POLITICS AND METAPHYSICAL METAPHORS IN ARUNDHATI ROY’S GOD OF SMALL THINGS in INDIAN BOOKER PRIZE WINNERS- A RE-READING. Viswabharati Research Center, Latur, 2019. ISBN: 978-93-89264-13-5.
- VICTIM TURNS VICTIMIZER: Angry Young Man Attitude and Acerbic Femininity in Vijay Tendulakar’s ‘Kanyadaan’ in INDIAN ENGLISH DRAMA- CRITICAL ELUCIDATIONS. Viswabharati Reaseach Centre, Latur, 2019. ISBN: 978-93-89264-03-6.
- Mother Tongue Influence of Malayalam in the English Loan Words Used in Malayalam in Quest Journals published in March 2019, Volume 7- Issue No. 2 ; pp. 32-34, ISSN (Online): 2321-9496.
- Mediatization of Narrative Spaces in M.T. Vasudevan Nair’s ‘Soul of Darkness’ in Academic Deliberations on Words, Visuals and Beyond. New Delhi: Pratham Publications, 2019.
ISBN : 978-93-88742-12-2
- Bards of Social Media: Metaphysical Conceits in Facebook poetry in Quest Journals published in January 2019, Volume 7, Issue no.1 ;pp 37-40, ISSN(Online):2321-9467.
- Voicing the Unvoiced: Bipolar Disorder in Sylvia Plath’s The Bell Jar in JETIR, International Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative research, February 2019, Volume 6, issue 2, ISSN-2349-5162.
- Rape Victims As Today’s Subaltern : Knowledge Of The Power Of Femininity In Mahasweta Devi”S ‘Draupadi’, in IJRAR, International Journal of Research and Analytical Reviews, January to March 2019, volume 6, issue 1, E ISSN 2348 –1269, PRINT ISSN 2349-5138.
- Identity Crisis: Colorism In M.T. Vasudevan Nair’s Kuttiedathi in JETIR, International Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative research, January 2019, Volume 6, Issue 1, ISSN-2349-5162
MOOC COURSES DONE:
- ‘Shakespeare’s Othello, The Moor’ by Dr. Stephen Greenblatt, under Harvard University on Edx.
(Valid certificate ID : 899860321cd14b79abc60c3292650407)
- ‘Feminism and Social Justice’ by Prof. Bettina Apthekar, under the University of California on Coursera.
- Presented a paper Mediatization of Narrative Spaces in M.T.Vasudewvan Nair’s Soul of Darkness in the International seminar on Words, Visuals and Beyond: Mediatization of Narrative Spaces held at Bharata Mata College, Thrikkakkara on 22nd and 23rd of February, 2018. (paper selected for publishing)
- Presented a paper Unadulterated Female Blood : Accentuating the Subaltern Feminism in Mahasweta Devi’s Draupadi at Pondicherry University on 5th October 2018.
- First Rank in the Manipur University for B.A ENGLISH LITERATURE (2008-2010 BATCH)
- Cleared UGC NET in December 2013 in the second attempt.
- Secured 85% in the APTIS test conducted by the British Council in 2013.
- Asked to take a session in the Orientation Program for First years of RVCAS on 25th June 2019; a one hour session on “How to Approach a New Course”.
- Asked to take a full day session as a resource person on Soft Skills –An Introductory class for the faculty of RVCAS on 28th May,2019; a full day session.
- Worked as the University Examiner of Interpersonal Skills in 2019.
- Invited to take Summer vacation classes at CUSAT in 2018; half day sessions.
- IQAC coordinator of RVCAS during the academic year 2019-present.
- Staff Secretary at RVCAS during the academic year 2019-20
- Class Tutor of BA English batch of 2019-22 at RVCAS.
- Hostel warden of RVCAS from May 2019 – present.
- Club incharge of the Speakers’ Club of RVCAS from 2019- present.
- Club incharge of Drawing Club of RVCAS during the academic year 2018-19.
- Class Tutor of First year B.Com Finance and Taxation at Sathigiri College, Thodupuzha during the academic year 2014-15.
WORKSHOPS AND SEMINARS ATTENDED:
- Seminar of “New Education Policy and Its Implications for Autonomous Colleges in India” , an IQAC initiative of Rajagiri College of Social Sciences, Kalamassery on 20th September 2019.
- Employable Skills Development Program, June 2010, Guwahati (a one month training program)
- 21 days Residential Training of Trainers Program in Communicative English and Basic IT Skills, May 2014
- 4 days Transformational Residential Training Program for ASAP Trainers on Communication Skills
- 2 days IT Training conducted by Higher Education Department, Government of Kerala in 2014.
- SUBALTERN FEMINISM IN MAHESHWATA DEVI’S ‘DRAUPADI’ for Post-graduation.